We left for Brookings Friday after school and spent the night with Don and Lisa, the kids, Joe's aunt and uncle and Grandma Phyllis. We played a little Blokus, visited, and had some delicious beef vegetable soup. The Shepardson household is always very entertaining. Whenever Tanner is getting rambunctious, the standing joke from Don is "I can't wait until Marie and Joe have 4 or 5 little boys just like that running around!" If we're lucky, right?
After a quick visit with the McCanns Saturday morning, we headed up to the Hub City. We went to the AmericInn where we had rooms and where the reception and dance were being held. We changed clothes and headed to the First Lutheran Church. The service and the wedding party were very beautiful. I'm happy to say that it lasted about 40 minutes (our wedding wasn't any longer, and Catholics always get the bad rap for having marathon weddings!)
Back at the AmericInn we went to the reception where the room was decorated beautifully in red and white with lots of white lights and real flowers!! Swank! We visited and waited for the wedding party.
The little guy with Wayne is Rush, Abby and James's oldest (they also have a little girl, Regan).
The meal was excellent . . . roast beef, potatoes, green beans, and cupcakes for dessert. The speeches were entertaining and heartfelt. The dance was a blast, and Tanner takes the cake for the most creative dance moves!! If only I had had a video camera with me! We stayed until the end, and the party was still going strong when the music quit. I took that as a sign that everyone had a good time!
The next morning, Joe and I went to church at a large, beautiful church right next to St Luke's hospital. The building was amazing, and they had a great choir! Reminded me of home :)
The drive home was a little dull, and I couldn't help but take advantage of the opportunity for a nap. Wayne and Izzy stayed at our place Sunday night. We played some games, watched TV, and called it a night. They left early this morning.
Overall, a fun weekend! Now tonight it's back to reality. I have to work, but the good news is that I have off until Friday after tonight. I guess those 12 hour shifts come with some advantages!
Oh man, sounds like a fun weekend! Great pictures--they had quite the decor! And Marie, you look gorgeous! New shirt? Have a good night at work!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Can't wait to see you again! Hopefully it works out that you can come up to visit this week!
At least you didn't get caught with any stolen clothing in your wedding photos, Marie! Good thinking ahead. :)
ReplyDelete