Sunday, February 7, 2010

Breakfast for Every Meal

The title says it all--Danielle and I had breakfast food for every meal today, which of course, made it a great day! After mass this morning, we had an hour to waste, and then we met up with the team at 1:00. We all piled into the "people mover" and Rod drove us south of town. A group of us girls got dropped off eight miles out. It was a nice run back into town minus the slush and speedy vehicles >:( ...oh, and the cop who stopped and told us to get off the road otherwise we will cause an accident. Hmm...sorry Mr. Policeman, we will just run in this ditch full of snow. Hah! He was obviously not a runner. Oh, and of course, we didn't get off the road :). After our run, Danielle and I came back to our apartment and had...breakfast :).
Danielle having a bagel with PB and vanilla yogurt.

Me and my Mini Spooners(AKA heaven in a bowl). I look forward to them every morning. And today, I had them twice. Life doesn't get any better :).

Later on, we went over to Ryan's apartment to watch the superbowl. During half-time, Danielle and I made whole wheat pancakes for the guys. We used Hungry Jack whole wheat pancake mix, which Ryan had at his apartment since last year when Danielle and I made pancakes for him. Haha! We spiced up the pancakes a little bit with some pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, and brown sugar. Oh, and we added an egg for fluffiness. They turned out great, and between the five of us that were there(me, Danielle, Ryan, Taber, and Bird), we ate the whole box worth of pancakes. Nom, nom, nom! Ryan made up some bacon as well. It wasn't no turkey bacon that's for sure. Hah! It was nasty lookin', but Ryan made us eat some, and of course, it was pretty darn good.

We spent the rest of the night just chattin'. It was great to just catch up. It's still hard to believe Ryan will graduate in May. Yikes, that means I'm next! Before we left, Ryan cut up some peach kuchen that his Grandma made and gave us each a piece to take home. Aw, how sweet! I'm saving mine for tomorrow. If you're lucky, I'll take a pic before it gets devoured :).

Good night all!

1 comment:

  1. HORRAY FOR BREAKFAST!!!

    Haha! this post made me laugh . . . "nom, nom, nom!" :)

    ReplyDelete