Friday, February 26, 2010

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Forehead


Well, I hope there's no color today, but Wednesday night, when Joe, Dan, and Al stopped over after playing BB in Parkston, the forecast was looking partly purple on the horizon! He wasn't complaining, however. Bangs would take care of such situations in case you're planning on rough-housing on the court again, Joe!

We like to take advantage of having some extra mouths around when the guys show up on Wednesday nights to clean out the fridge (and the cupboard--you know those chips Dad bought at the World Market a month ago or so?). Anyway, we alway have fun hearing their stories after the games.
I sent off my application to the Massachusetts Historical Society today for their seminar in July at Lexington, Concord, and Boston. It's a five-day class with historians, scholars, and National Park people. It's worth 3 grad credits for $75 each and comes with a $1200 stipend for travel expenses and rooms. If I get in, Dad's going to plan to come to Boston at the end of the week so we can tour around together a bit. I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I'm very excited about the possibility. Janelle McMahon from Mitchell applied as well, so we're hoping we both get accepted and can travel together, etc.



3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, that seminar sounds AWESOME! And I bet you have a really good chance of getting it. Heck, you are South Dakota's teacher of the year! :)

    Oh man, I can just imagine Joe with bangs! Haha! Maybe long, emo bangs would suit him well :). What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! Joe says, "Anne, come on!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Sorry, Joe! I couldn't resist! :D

    ReplyDelete