Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chili and Cheese Quesadilla

This morning, in my Quantity Foods class, we had a practice day in the kitchen. We made spaghetti with meatless spaghetti sauce. Simple enough, right? Wrong. The noodles were fine, but the sauce was acky. Ok, it wasn't horrible(I still cleaned my plate), but there was definitely somthing wrong with the concoction, and I think I figured it out. When making the sauce, my professor told us to use tomato paste in place of tomato puree(I think she thought they were the same thing). I didn't know there was a difference either, but tomato paste is much thicker than tomato puree, and it's used moreso for pizza sauce rather than spaghetti sauce. So our spaghetti sauce turned out more like marinara sauce. I love marinara sauce...just not on my spaghetti :). So that's what my lunch consisted of today.
This afternoon, I did some homework and then went for a 5-miler OUTSIDE!!! Yay! It felt great to not run on a treadmill. Now if only everyone would be a little considerate of runners and shovel their sidewalks. Grrr...
After my run, I did a short ab-workout, took a quick shower, and was able to make it to mass with time to spare. Yes!
Afterwards, I got a text from Danielle saying that she was eating supper at Larson Commons so I was on my own for supper. And since we had tortillas on hand, I had no choice but to make myself a quesadilla :). Believe it or not, but we still had leftover chili from over a week ago. So I made a chili and cheese quesadilla on the good ol' George Foreman Grill. Not sure where I'd be without that thing.

Tonight, I'm gonna get some studying done. I've got a test in Advanced Nutrition on Thursday :S. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention, I registered for the St. Patty's Day race last night. I signed up for the 5-mile race. I can't wait! I'll actually be able to partake in the post-race beverages this year. Bring on the Guiness :).

Peas and Love!

2 comments:

  1. The quesadilla looks scrumptious! What an easy meal for one (when your little sis' leaves ya hangin) :)

    Oooh the St Patty's Day Race is coming up! I will check to see if I work that day or the night before. That sounds like fun! Guiness, I'd like to be able to say that I've tried it . . . just gotta make sure I've got a good chaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the shelf life on leftover chili anyway? Must be longer than a week since you're still with us (to my knowledge)! You girls are very creative. Obviously, pathetic lunch habits aren't hereditary or at least aren't dominant traits!

    ReplyDelete