Joe and I had an interesting night in Alexandria tonight. We each went to church this morning and came home for a lunch of "chicken bruschetta bake." I'll post pictures and the recipe tomorrow. I got the recipe from an issue of Food and Family. It is so simple and scrumptious!
I actually ran outside today, and I was reminded why the treadmill just doesn't do it for me. I had comparibly nice weather, good music, and houses to look at and get color ideas from. I couldn't take my eyes off of the patchy, icy sidewalks for too long though! They were treacherous!
Tonight, Joe and I went to Alexandria where Jodi and Hruby and most of Jodi's family were shooting hoops and playing some basketball at the high school gym. They had enough guys there to play 5 on 5, so us girls played a game of 3 on 3. It was the first time I had actually played basketball probably since 7th grade! Pretty scary! But it was all for fun, and I definitely enjoyed it! However, at the end of the night, Hrub went down in lots of pain. We knew just by looking at his knee that he'd torn his patellar tendon. Knee caps generally don't shoot up into your quad for any other reason! They took him to the ER, and we followed shortly after. The xrays confirmed it (they looked so weird!). He's staying the night at the hospital mostly because he couldn't walk without excruciating pain. Every time he tried to move his leg the knee cap just went up and wiggled around! He will probably have surgery tomorrow. Keep him in your prayers! I'm sure everything will go well, but I think recovering and adjusting mentally will be difficult. He's used to being so active, and this will be a big lifestyle change for several months. It will also mean no softball this summer (Joe might need a few prayers too, he's pretty disappointed and just feels bad for him). So, a fun night turned into a bummer night!
Thank God for our health and the ability to do what we love! Run, walk, be active! I realized that I take a lot for granted and that it can all change pretty quickly.
Hope you guys enjoyed the weekend! I'm looking forward to the DWU vs. USF game on Tuesday! And Joe is starting track tomorrow! That doesn't seem possible with all of the snow on the ground!
Oh no! That sounds horrible! I will definitely keep Hruby in my prayers. Poor guy :(. I agree with you, I definitely take my health for granted way more than I should.
ReplyDeleteOn a lighter note, I'm looking forward to your "Chicken Bruschetta Bake" recipe. Sounds delish! :)