Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Keen on Quinoa

Today's lunch was last night's leftovers--Manwich! Once again, I put it on half a toasted bagel--yum! I had it with a couple bread and butta pickles and a container of strawberry applesauce(came with a valentine from the track valentines exchange).
As for supper...

Danielle and I have had a package of quinoa sitting in our cupboard this whole school year, but it wasn't until tonight that we finally decided to use it. I think couscous is partly to blame for why Danielle and I have been neglecting the quinoa. The two are pretty comparable, but couscous is quicker to cook and quinoa is more protein-packed. So they both have their advantages :). Along with the quinoa, we cooked up some frozen stri-fry veggies and added some teriyaki marinade. Then we grilled some chicken thighs on the ol' George Foreman. A delicious meal if I do say so myself :). And we'll definitely be adding quinoa to our meals more often!

I best be goin'--there's adoration at nine at the Newman Center.

Good night all!

Annie

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't say that I've ever even heard of Quinoa! Very interesting, and the veggies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember finding out in my history class that quinoa is the most widely-used grain in the world! Who knew? I guess we Americans are too caught up in convenience for such stuff. Now you've got me wanting to try it, though.
    You always make your meals look appetizing--no eating straight out of the kettle for you, Anne! You're an atypical college student, you know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I'm special. Haha! Thanks, Mom. I'll take that as a compliment. "Atypical" aka "Abby Normal". :D

    ReplyDelete