Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Weekend with Barbie and the Naughty Dog

Sounds like the name of a childrens' book right? I know you are curious to know what crime Cal committed to warrant the title "naughty," so I'll give you the evidence straight up . . .

This was the scene of the crime on Thursday night when Joe got home from the Kernal basketball game. I worked Thursday night, so Callie was home alone. I'm not sure what possessed (no, literally, "possessed") her to go crazy on the garbage, but here it is . . .










She was remorseful, so we know she hasn't turned into a complete psychopath! Haha!

Thursday night, at work, I was orientating Tara. That was her last night before being on her own, so I didn't have to do too much. You guys know how anxious I was about her working on our floor, but I have to say that I think it will be all right. She's done a good job and is more professional than I imagined she would be.

On Friday, Barb got to our place around 8pm, so we had supper and visited before hitting the hay. On Saturday, we drove up to Huron for Joe's basketball game. Unfortunately they lost to Huron for the second time this year. Oh, and Huron's 8th graders have a guy that is 6 foot and wears size 17 shoe!! Yeah, he seemed to be going for a record number of blocked shots during this game!

When we got back to Mitchell, we went to work on our sewing projects . . . curtains and table linens . . . with the material Barb got for us when we moved in.





Then, Mom and Dad came up for supper. I made lasagna and garlic bread, and Mom brought tiramisu. Impressive huh!? Believe me, it didn't impress me any less knowing it came from HyVee. :) It was all delicious! We had a fun time visiting. Dad schooled Joe in pool. Since the weather was getting nasty, Mom and Dad headed home. Joe and Barb started an intense game of Gin Rummy.



Yeah, look how we punish her! Pitiful, isn't it!?

Sunday we went to church and then out to eat at Perkins. Not sure why, but we were all slightly bump-on-a-log-ish. I ended up taking a nap, since I had to work Sunday night, and Barb and Joe watched the olympics and might have caught some shut-eye in between.

These are the flowers I got while working Sunday night!! What a thoughtful husband I have! Not pictured are a king size chocolate bar and a very nice card. :)



Monday, Joe went to a coach's clinic in Sioux Falls put on by the World Record holder in the long jump, Mike Powell. Even got his picture and an autographed t-shirt!



Monday night, I went to the Wellness to run . . . (as I mentioned, watched the SDSU vs USD game). I've told you how friendly everyone is there. After my workout, one of the older guys that I see there quite a bit, he might even work there, asked me if I was interested in attending their spinning class. He told me all about it and asked what I was training for etc. I'm just so impressed with that place! Anyway, have any of you ever done a spinning class or thought about it? It sounded kind of interesting . . . might be a good cross training activity.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, Callie really went to town! Haha! I wish I could've been a fly on the wall when that whole scene went down. Haha! I can just imagine!
    Sounds like an eventful weekend. The table runner and curtains look great! Barb must've been cruisin' right along--her hand is just a blur. Haha!
    Have you eaten your king-size candy bar yet? If not, it would be a great way to celebrate Fat Tuesday :).
    I've never thought about doing a spinning class before, but I bet it would be fun and probably pretty intense. You should definitely try it out and let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my history classmates, Nancy Deranleau, took a spinning class last fall, and she could hardly move when I saw her in Sioux Falls for class. She had the idea that "It couldn't be that tough." She was surprised, so I'm sure it would be worth your time. You're going to be an instructor at that wellness center before you know it, Marie!
    I love the naughty dog pictures. Reminds me of Toots and the scattered Barbie parts when you girls were little. Should've captured it on film for posterity!
    Wow! Joe really came through on the old Valentine's Day! What a guy! He's not in trouble, is he? :)

    ReplyDelete