So I just have to blog about my new obsession...overnight oats. No longer do Frosted Mini Spooners tempt me. No sir. I'm free of my Spooner addiction! So here's the basic recipe for this delicious breakfast:
1/3 Old Fashioned Oats
1/3 Skim Milk
1/3 Low-fat Vanilla Yogurt
Combine these three in a jar or bowl and put in the fridge overnight.
The next morning you can add other toppings. My usual add-ins:
1 Tbsp Flaxseed
2 spoonfuls of canned pumpkin
1 handful of Honey Bunches cereal
As for other Monday happenings...
I had a productive day just doing homework and other random things. I ran with the team this afternoon. A group of us did six miles--it felt great and the weather was pretty decent. The next couple of days are supposed to be kinda snowy and cold so it was nice to do a run outside before the bad weather hits. After the run, we did core and abs. Oh, and I got my 40 push-ups in(40 push-ups for 40 days of lent).
Danielle and I had open-faced BBQ Manwich sandwiches on half a toasted bagel with cornbread on the side. Yum! Sorry I didn't get a pic :).
I think I'm gonna hit the hay early tonight.
Goodnight all!
Mmmmm . . . I can testify! These are SO good!
ReplyDelete