Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Alright, I'm officially a student again! Tomorrow, I am taking my ACLS class, and I hear there is a tricky test at the end of it. So, I'm studying up on all of my cardiac drugs and heart rhythms. It should be very interesting, and I can already tell that the information is going to help on a regular basis. This class gets me thinking (I've often thought this) that if I could take nursing school all over again, I would get SO much more out of it NOW than I actually did. This ACLS class is proabably equivalent to one chapter in our med-surg class and I'm absorbing more from it than I did all of 4th semester (I swear). Half of the time in school, I had no idea what they were talking about because I couldn't visualize it and had no experience. -- (kind of like trying to learn to fly a plane without seeing the cockpit!) -- You know, I could really break out the books and teach (or reteach) myself some things . . . but I lack motivation and suffer from what I like to think of as 24/7 jet lag!

Speaking of which, I've almost been up for 24 hours now, I better get a few hours of sleep and continue this later!

P.S. I watched the last episode of Gilmore Girls yesterday and almost cried! I love that show! I'm so sad that I don't have any more new episodes to look forward to. :(




P.S. Here is my gourmet meal from yesterday! Ha! Not very impressive, but you guys should try this soup. It's really delicious, especially when you consider that it takes about 60 seconds to prepare! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh hey Marie! I don't see any guilt in opening a can of soup-especially Progresso High Fiber! In the name of expediency, that's one of your better options. :) Hope your test goes well (went well). I'll be thinking of you whether you realize it or not.
    It is good to invigorate the brain, though, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete