Dad and I worked at the office today doing some touch-up painting and polishing woodwork. It's looking pretty sharp, and we'll be anxious to show it off very soon!
Class yesterday was pretty fun, and Dr. Hilderbrand gave us a huge compliment, saying how much fun it is for him to have such great discussions and how that never happens in his on-campus classes. I can't say that I'm a huge contributor to that discussion, but I'm reaping the benefits of being in a class with so many geniuses! Seriously, yesterday I took my computerized CLEP test at the same time as one of the guys. We finished at the same time, and he got a perfect score! I wasn't even surprised.
Dad came over to SF and picked me up after my CLEP test (all my classmates had already left--not that I'm so slow but that I was the last one to get to take my test) and we went to Hobby Lobby for some MBA office decor. It's going to be very uptown! Then, we went to Michael's (over by the Arena) for supper. They started by bringing us bread--always a sign that it's going to be a good experience--and then a large salad followed by our meal. Dad had prime rib and baked potato and I had scallops and wild rice. It was so yummy! If you're ever looking for a nice place with a WARM and classy atmosphere, check it out! The wait staff was quick and attentive, but not too much (Remember how Dad was bothered by the gal at Granite City?). There was the ex-Navy guy in his late 70s or early 80s who was a couple tables away who had the most contagious laugh, so that added to the fun. A good experience!
On the way home, we stopped off at Shane and Lacy Deranleau's in Hartford. Anita had texted me during class, so we decided to check out the new little bundle at their house. Turns out she's not so little. In fact, she was 9 lb. 2 oz. at birth, which is why Lacy had a c-section. Since neither Shane nor Lacy were big babies, we were discussing the rarity of the baby's size. Shane, in typical FFAer fashion said, "I guess we just throw big calves." LOL I'm not so sure Lacy appreciated that as much, however!
Haha! I love the baby story! That's hilarious!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had an awesome day of class, shopping, and eating. Oh, and when it comes to your class, you know you can count yourself in that "genius" category. Stop being so humble--It's annoying. Haha! Hey, you never said, how did you end up on the CLEP test?
Michael's sounds amazing! I'll definitely have to try it out at some point!