Monday, February 15, 2010

Track Team Valentines Exchange

This year for Valentine's Day, Marshall decided that we should have a Valentines exchange among us tracksters. Of course, we all thought that sounded like a great idea (mainly because that meant we would all receive an abundance of candy). Heck, what can I say, us runners like to eat :).
For my valentines, I wrapped up the Red Velvet Cake Balls that I made and personalized each one with a little to/from tag. I have to admit, they turned out pretty pretty :).

An extra one, which ended up not getting used. Hmm...I'm not sure what I'll ever do with it :).
Along with making valentines, we had to make boxes for our valentines(it was grade school all over again :D).

Marshall gave me the nickname "Queen of Parkston". I kinda liked it so I put it on my box :).


The Sexiest Man Alive Edition of People magazine was mutilated for the purpose of my box :). It was a good cause, right? Oh, but no Johnny Depp pictures were used in the making of this product. Danielle might've killed me if Johnny's head was found missing from a few pages :).

There were a lot of creative boxes.

Kyle's box is in the picture above--the one that says "feed me". Haha!

This is Ronnie's box. As you can see, Rod's mouth wasn't big enough for some valentines. Haha!

After passing out our valentines, we voted on our favorite box. Ronnie won by a landslide. Marshall had a little prize for him--a teddy bear with a heart that said "be mine". Very cute! :)
Afterwards, we all hit the streets of Brookings for a run. Five miles later, we came inside and did a little core and ab workout.
Danielle and I went to the SDSU vs. USD girls basketball game tonight. The SDSU girls won it--of course :). The cross-country guys got recognized at half-time for winning conference last fall. Woohoo! Finally, cross-country gets a little recognition!
I've gotta get some studying in tonight. I've got a quiz over glycolysis tomorrow morning. Yikes!
Good night all!

4 comments:

  1. Haha!! Have you got that in fine print on your box . . . " no Johnny Depp pictures used . . . "

    I watched some of the women's game on TV while I was running at the Wellness . . . the girl running beside me though was a big USD fan. BOOO!!! Couldn't hardly stomach it! :) Ha! The Jack's win made it all better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie Anne (McCann) Shepardson!!! You are in big bad trouble now! Just see if I slave over a hot oven to make tiramasu for you next Valentime's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun group those tracksters are! Very inventive way of getting food out of others as well, I must say!
    Just for the record, I would've voted for your box, Anne. Although I just watched "All the King's Men" last night, and that reminds me that you have one glaring omission--Jude Law!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo...Jude Law. Good call on that one, Mom! Luckily, there's still plenty of room on the sides of my box :). Oh, and I'll have to add a little fine print at the bottom. Haha!

    ReplyDelete