Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Home Improvements

Since my last post, I've been a little lax with my picture taking. So, forgive me if my blog is embellished with random photos of my favorite muse . . . Callie! (Or "Calzone" as Joe likes to call her most recently, due to his fondness of Papa Murphy's Chicago style pizza . . . delicious, but definitely not diet friendly!)

As much as Joe and I cringe at the thought of spending money on plane tickets, hotel rooms, and other frivolous purchases, we apparently have no problem dropping a little cash to improve the comfort and beauty of our home. Odd isn't it? (I've got a story to tell at a later date!) Unclaimed Freight had a sale (30% off) and this piece caught our eye. After looking at the picture in the flyer for about 2 weeks, we decided to order it up last wednesday. We brought it home Friday, set it up Saturday, and . . . anywho, check out our new bed!




I just love it, and I've already enjoyed several hours of night time reading with a comfortable back rest! And yes, we did a little rearranging, which is always refreshing and fun!

I worked Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights, which, unfortunately left very little time for anything else besides a few precious hours of sleep (in the new bed!!). Interestingly, it was my job to orientate one of the new nurses. He recently started working back in ICU, but was supposed to learn the Medical floor routine in case he is ever needed to float to our unit. Saturday night, our census got up to 24, and each nurse was assigned 8 patients, which is the most I've ever been given. Needless to say it was a busy weekend! I don't like to talk bad about co-workers, but I worked all three days with the nurse who will soon (but not soon enough) be retiring. Joy! I will only state the facts . . . Sunday night she left the floor, not for her supper break which she has already taken, but to sleep for about 45 minutes in an empty room!! WHAAA!!! Alright, I won't say any more. :)

Joe's bus to Aberdeen had to turn around ten miles out of town Saturday morning, so no basketball tournament. Sunday, he spent the superbowl night with the softball crew and had a good time.

Okay, time for a random Callie photo . . .



REAL sneaky! Now I know why the youngest are always spoilt!! :) It's only been 6 months and we've already become a little less harsh in our "parenting" Callie! HA!


Monday, I desperately needed to run. Although Joe and I promised to have a night of "doing nothing." I took an hour to go to the Wellness Center and get a 3 miler in and a vicious GROUP ab workout! I'm liking this place more and more!! There were about 5 other guys in the whole place that night, and I was about done with my run when one of the guys came up and asked if I wanted to join their ab workout. I was planning to do one anyway, so I did. They had about 6 stations set up. One of the trainers kept time and we'd go for a minute at each. I came away exhausted and happy that they decided to include me. I'm so impressed with the Wellness Center! Everyone has been so friendly and welcoming!

I had to include this picture, which would not be all that flattering except for my comfy booties and rockin' Rock and Roll Hall of Fame sweatshirt!! Thanks guys!!




Last night we learned that Chamberlain called off school, so Joe's game tonight has been cancelled. So we get another night (if we so choose) of doing nothing! However, the Kernels play at the Palace tonight, and I'm guessing there's a good chance that we'll be in attendance!

Just two more . .





Oh, and one more thing . . . I finished Sense and Sensibility last night. It was excellent! I think I can safely say that I've read all of Jane Austen's novels. I think she co-wrote a couple more . . . I'll have to check those out if I want to call myself a true fan! I might have to make a trip to the library today!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So glad to finally hear from you again! I was feeling a little out of touch :). The bed looks great! No need to feel guilty about that investment. It looks like it was well worth it! You'll have to remember to tell me about the "story to tell at a later date". Sounds like that could be interesting :).
    So you were training a new guy at the hospital? Man, you are movin' up! Oh, and I'm quite sure I would've snapped at that co-worker of yours. Wow, some beach!!
    On a happier note, I'm super excited about your experience so far with the Wellness Center! Sounds like the gym junkies have welcomed you into the family :).
    Sense and Sensibility is now on my "to read" list. Oh, and I love that cover! It would make a sweet addition to our library! S'pose the Mitchell Library would notice its absence? :)
    Have fun at the game tonight!

    P.S. The invitation still stands. Come visit! :)

    ReplyDelete