I was happily surprised this morning when Joe showed me his text message saying "No School." Yipeee!! We spent the day grocery shopping, weight lifting, and visiting the 'rents. Joe has kindly volunteered his services as my trainer for the weight lifting portion of my marathon training. (Anne, say the word and I'd be willing to bet he'd have a few lifts to recommend for you!) I experimented with a variation of a spinach quiche for dinner (added some artichokes). It was delish, let me tell you!! Made the trip to ma and pa's for some chili, brownies, wine and good company. All in all a great day . . . promise to run tomorrow :)
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Snow Day!!
I was happily surprised this morning when Joe showed me his text message saying "No School." Yipeee!! We spent the day grocery shopping, weight lifting, and visiting the 'rents. Joe has kindly volunteered his services as my trainer for the weight lifting portion of my marathon training. (Anne, say the word and I'd be willing to bet he'd have a few lifts to recommend for you!) I experimented with a variation of a spinach quiche for dinner (added some artichokes). It was delish, let me tell you!! Made the trip to ma and pa's for some chili, brownies, wine and good company. All in all a great day . . . promise to run tomorrow :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a great day indeed! I was definitely jealous when I heard that Mom and Joe had a snow day, but then I realized that I only had two classes for the day so there was no room for complaining :). Your spinach and artichoke quiche looks amazing! Glad to hear you took the day off--I did the same thing. My excuse: Brookings was an ice-skating rink (according to Rod anyway). I plan on posting later today, but right now, I gotta get to class. Later!
ReplyDelete