Other happenings...
I went to track practice with Danielle today. Their workout was 8 150m sprints indoors. So I ran their warm-up with them outside and then just kept running for a total of about 5 miles. It was super slushy and sloppy in Brookings. At one point early on in my run, I made the mistake of standing too close to the curb on one of the sixth street intersections. A big pickup came flying by and dowsed me head-to-toe in slush. I bet the people sitting in their vehicles got a good laugh out of that. Hah! I took it surprisingly well, but that might not have been the case if I had been wearing anything other than black :). After getting back to the HPER, I did what Rod calls "Monster Walks" which are drills where we use a theraband for resistance. I might be a little sore tomorrow.
Then I came back home and had a some supper. Lentil soup with crackers and toast. And for dessert, I broke into the dark chocolate peppermint bark that Mom sent back with us. Dang, it was good :).
After eating and showering up, I decided to go to the SDSU men's basketball game. Luckily, Charlie was willing to go with me, and eventually we met up with Kaleb. The game was great, though! We were down for the first half, and then came back in the second half to eventually win it 65 to 64. It was definitely a big win for the SDSU guys.
And now I'm ending the night with a cup of hot chocolate, a little blogging, and hopefully a visit from the beau :).
Peas and Love
Haha!! I bet you thought you were a character in "Rudolph" for a moment. Very clever advertising tactics, I must say!!
ReplyDeleteYou braved the elements . . . atta girl!! I would bet the guy in the truck is not and never has been a runner. You really gotta pity him :)
Way to go SDSU!! Go BIG, Go BLUE . . . Go Jacks!!
I didn't know that peppermint bark was dark chocolate! You didn't mention it either when you stealthily agreed to take it, Annie! You're discovering that I wasn't so generous as you may have originally thought.
ReplyDelete