Tuesday, January 26, 2010

1 year at AQOP

I had my 1 year evaluation at the hospital today. It's crazy to think that it's been a year since I started as a nurse. Time really flies. However, I've definitely come a long way since I began orientation a year ago. I'm not nearly as nervous to go to work . . . I think most would agree that is a good thing! Of course, I passed my evaluation, and even found out some of the plans for staffing in the next few months. Aparently our floor will be hiring a couple more new nurses by the end of this summer. That means I will get to go to every third weekend instead of every other!!! Hip Hip HORAY!!! Also, I'm going to start working a couple day shifts here and there. I don't know how fond I am of going back and forth between nights and days, but for now I'm thinking the less nights, the better! :)

In other work news, I've registered to take the Advanced Cardiac Life Support class at the hospital at the end of February. It's like CPR (Basic Life Support) on steroids. I'm really excited! Hopefully the class will help me understand what is going on when I get called to a Code. Therefore, I will be even less nervous to go to work . . . it's a win - win!

While leaving the hospital today, I got a pleasant surprise. A text from Whitney asking if I wanted to go for coffee! Of course, I was thrilled! Good company and a Cafe Teresa Latte made my afternoon!

Right now, I'm working up the nerve to head out for a run in the blistering cold . . . I might have to post again later to let you know how it went :)



I couldn't let my post be pictureless, and I figured you'd had enough of Callie! Ha :)

2 comments:

  1. Holy buckets! Things are looking up! That's so exciting that you'll be working a few day shifts and less weekends. So long, nocturnal lifestyle!! Kinda, anyways :). So did they up your salary for giving them one year of sweat and tears(and for being the best nurse Mitchell has ever seen!)? :)

    You ran outside today? I'm sorry :(. Danielle and I did five miles on the HPER track. I wouldn't have lasted even 2 miles outside. Brrrr!

    P.S. Next time Danielle and I are home, we're stealing you for a coffee date at Teresa's. Oh, and I love the pic. Haha! I miss our matching jumpers :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Oh the jumpers!! :)

    I did go for a run outside. And made it about 2 miles, but it was a painful two miles. I'm really regreting not having our Rec Center membership now. I'm thinking about looking into a pass for the hospital's wellness center.

    No pay raise :( I would have had one at 6 months and 1 year except for that darned "pay freeze" that went into effect last May. Grrrr, oh well . . . glad to have a job, and things are definitely looking up as far as scheduling goes!

    ReplyDelete