Sunday, January 24, 2010

Pizza+Jitterbugging=One Fun Night

Last night, we decided we were in the mood for pizza. There are about ten pizza places in town(including delivery), but recently, Danielle and I came to discover that the Pizzeria makes, hands down, the best pizza in Brookings. And the best part about it is that it's never busy. It's like it's our own little secret, which is definitely the way I like it(as long as they can keep enough business to stay open).
After much dispute, the four of us finally decided on deep dish chicken fajita pizza. The guys love spicy food and it was loaded with jalopenos. Good Stuff! Just make sure you've got a Diet Coke close by :). Oh, but wait, I'm getting ahead of myself! Before the pizza came, they brought out complementary focaccia bread with balsamic vinegar and oil for dipping. Yum! A perfect start to the meal.
While waiting, we took a few pictures.
The first picture can never be normal, right?
Much better!

I'm not sure how to interpret that look on his face, but he really does like me, I swear :).

Normalcy isn't natural for him, but it comes around every once in a while :).
After supper at the Pizzeria, we did a little dancing. Free dance lessons were being given on campus so we checked that out for a couple hours. We learned the basics of salsa and swing. The dance instructor was hilarious. She reminded me of Ms. Patty on the Gilmore Girls(in personality AND looks). At one point, Taber thought she might've been flirting with him with her eyes. Haha! I told him she probably wants to dance and that he should try a flip move with her. Haha! He didn't think he was quite up to the challlenge.
After a while, a few of us went back to the Newman Center to do some REAL dancing. The lounge area was cleared out, speakers were set up, and country music was blaring by the time we got there. It was jitterbug time! There was major flipping, twirling, and every possible jitterbug move you can think of going on. It was a lot of fun! By the end of the night, I felt half drunk from all the flipping and spinning that Taber was doing with me. Haha! It was a great time, though! I'm really hoping we do more dance nights like that!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Next time I'm in Brook-ins, we're definitely hitting up the Pizzaria!!! It looks amazing! Low Calorie, right? Oh, but it doesn't matter because it sounds like you burned it all off after a couple hours of some serious dancing :) Sounds like so much fun!

    I see my scarf makes another appearance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yes, your scarf has been making many appearances :). I'm afraid we are gonna have a hard time parting with one another when that time comes :).

    ReplyDelete